Thursday, January 24, 2013

My first launch party/red carpet

Tonight, I painted the town red... and neon. I was thrilled to attend the L'amour launch party at the Hudson hotel. Nanette Lepore created an amazing line of clothes with her daughter to be sold at JC Penny's. It's the cutest collection ever. Lots of bright colors. Flirty with a hint of sexy. Simple lines. Both basic and statement pieces. The price point is right on. I grew up shopping at JCP with my mom, and wish this sort of style was around when I was younger!

The venue was spot on. We descended into a raw industrial space decorated with multi-colored slinkies and drapes of neon fabric. There was an Instagram station, where hash-tagged photos appeared on a large screen for all to see and later printed out as favors. The lollipop bar was my favorite area. The white chocolate/strawberry pops were so yummy. 

Since this was a launch party, there were tons of press and photographers. It was my first time posing on a red carpet as Miss New York USA! It was such a thrilling experience. My white cape from Pinky Otto definitely gave me a much needed boost of confidence. I felt like a rock star beauty queen. 

There was then a lot of mingling to be done. Something I'm realizing very quickly is that I need to be more business minded. It is how I will make the most of my year. You never know when someone you meet may revisit you in the future and offer you a wonderful opportunity. So, I am doing my best to remember people's names and create a great first impression. 

It's still hard to believe that this is only the fourth day of my reign. I feel like I've learned a ton of interview, publicity, and beauty skills already. I'm looking forward to many more exciting opportunities like this one. But for now, I will enjoy my weekend of bartending at my day job. I like to think it keeps me humble... while paying my rent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment