1. I was born and raised in Freehold, NJ. Just one town over from our 2011 Miss USA, Alyssa Campanella! (She is from Manalapan, NJ). Even though I grew up in Jersey, my home is NY. They say home is where the heart is, and I <3 NY!
2. I received my BA in Fine Arts/Theatre from Rider University. I moved to NYC right after college to pursue a career in acting.
3. I have one older sister who just so happens to be my best friend. Her name is Mary and she is a phenomenal tap dancer/choreographer.
4. I live in a very tiny apartment in Hell's Kitchen. It doesn't even have a living room! But a view of the Empire State Building from my bedroom window is an excellent trade off.
5. Top five places I'd love to visit: Barcelona, Greece, Sicily, New Zealand, and Australia.
6. I had severe scoliosis when I was younger, and wore a back-brace for 16 hours a day from age 12-16. I was that girl with the back-brace. I didn't like that I was different, but my mother often reminded me that everyone has their own fair share of problems, and things could always be worse.
7. My favorite movie is "Waiting for Guffman." Go watch it. Now. Thank me later.
8. "When things Fall Apart; Heart Advice for Difficult Times" by Pema Chodron, is a book that has truly affected my life. Last year, I was in a messy place, and a friend suggested I read it. Chodron is a buddhist nun who focuses on the ideas of impermanence and kindness. Love.
9. I've been in love once. And I've had my heart broken once. I honor my past and look forward to my future :)
10. My favorite color is green.
11. My biggest fear is being blind...I'm also terrified of crickets.
12. I went to Las Vegas on a family vacation when I was 21, and won $300 playing penny slots!
14. Besides the USA crown (wink wink), I would like to be triple crowned some day. With an Emmy, an Oscar, and a Tony.
15. I will name my three future children, Emmy, Oscar, and Tony.
16. My favorite holiday is Black Friday. My sister and I make an event out of it every year. The rules are simple. Wake up early. Only buy things for yourself. And at least one impulse purchase is required.
17. My favorite actor is Daniel Day Lewis. His ability to transform into different characters is both inspiring and disturbing. If you have not seen the film, "My Left Foot," do yourself a favor and watch it.
18. I love shoes. My bank account does not. I'm sure one day, we'll all be in agreement :)
19. Billy Joel is one of my favorite musicians. In the future, I will walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of "She's Always a Woman."
20. One of the best plays I have ever seen on Broadway was Marsha Norman's "'night Mother." The premise is this... a middle aged woman tells her mother that she has decided to commit suicide, and then prepares her mother for life without her. Edie Falco played the daughter. Grown men were sobbing in the audience. When the actresses were taking their bows at the end of the play, I couldn't even stand and applaud them. I was still so affected by what I saw, that clapping seemed odd to me. It was at that moment I knew, I wanted to do great work like that.
21. I dislike pickles. And roller coasters.
22. I hate conflict. I was a peer mediator in middle school.
23. After a difficult workout, one where I really push myself, I will actually pat myself on the back.
24. I love sour cream donuts.
25. Two summers ago, I did background for the soap "One Life to Live." I was "bikini girl" and entered the frame getting out of a fake pool. The poor assistant who had to hose me off before each take was a real trooper!
And there you have it! Thanks for reading!